Getting ready for school. Eat a little bit of breakfast.
9:00 (9:15)
We switch to our math classes. My students participate in 5 centers, including playing chess.
10:00
We attend the elementary Rachel's Challenge Assembly where we hear about kindness and good choices. Mind you, the link is for the middle/high school assembly, ours doesn't go into as much detail.
11:00
Back in our classroom, we talk about what great things we have done to make others feel welcome and happy. We start our "chain reaction" by each writing down something kind we have done on a chain link. We put all of the links together to form a chain. We will continue to add to the chain until the end of the year. (Pictured is Ms. Hadley Best, one of the kindest girls I know.)
12:00
Lunch and a small break. ahhhh.
1:00
Prep. Lots of work to do, many distractions. Pictured is the website Giggle Poetry, awesome and very distracting. Highly recommended for teachers and parents of young kids. There are a million and one funny poems on there and it even includes some "poetry theatre." Beware though, it is easy to get lost on there.
2:00
Teaching 1st grade piano class.
3:00
Tomorrow we are attending a performance of The Wind in the Willows by the Idaho Shakespeare's Idaho Theatre for youth. We are studying up on it so we will know what is happening tomorrow during the play. (It was fantastic, by the way.)
4:00
Cleaning up the classroom and heading home. I get to my car and I am totally STOKED to see the strawberries that my wonderful carpool friend found on Craigslist for 3.00/dozen plants!
5:00
Home in time to start making dinner. Brocolli and cheese soup. It doesn't look that great, but it is one of my favorite, super easy, delicious meals.
6:00
I end the 10 on the 10th going for a walk with Johnpaul. One of the best things ever. I admit, I forgot to take a picture of this one, so I am using an older picture of the two of us on a walk...playing around on a walk, but still on a walk.
Next month I will try my hardest to be on time (or at least close to it!)
Xoxo~ stephanie
We switch to our math classes. My students participate in 5 centers, including playing chess.
We attend the elementary Rachel's Challenge Assembly where we hear about kindness and good choices. Mind you, the link is for the middle/high school assembly, ours doesn't go into as much detail.
Back in our classroom, we talk about what great things we have done to make others feel welcome and happy. We start our "chain reaction" by each writing down something kind we have done on a chain link. We put all of the links together to form a chain. We will continue to add to the chain until the end of the year. (Pictured is Ms. Hadley Best, one of the kindest girls I know.)
Lunch and a small break. ahhhh.
Prep. Lots of work to do, many distractions. Pictured is the website Giggle Poetry, awesome and very distracting. Highly recommended for teachers and parents of young kids. There are a million and one funny poems on there and it even includes some "poetry theatre." Beware though, it is easy to get lost on there.
Teaching 1st grade piano class.
Tomorrow we are attending a performance of The Wind in the Willows by the Idaho Shakespeare's Idaho Theatre for youth. We are studying up on it so we will know what is happening tomorrow during the play. (It was fantastic, by the way.)
Cleaning up the classroom and heading home. I get to my car and I am totally STOKED to see the strawberries that my wonderful carpool friend found on Craigslist for 3.00/dozen plants!
Home in time to start making dinner. Brocolli and cheese soup. It doesn't look that great, but it is one of my favorite, super easy, delicious meals.
I end the 10 on the 10th going for a walk with Johnpaul. One of the best things ever. I admit, I forgot to take a picture of this one, so I am using an older picture of the two of us on a walk...playing around on a walk, but still on a walk.
Next month I will try my hardest to be on time (or at least close to it!)
Xoxo~ stephanie
3 comments:
Hey, send that broccoli cheese soup recipe this way when you get a chance!
I love that girl.
Never did call about the strawberries. I should still. Just in case. I just felt too guilty about those stupid blueberry bushes I bought and am now busy killing.
Hope you're having a delicious break. Hadley is dying to get back to school. She loves it so.
i'm impressed that you admitted that that is an old picture. i was going to call you out on it anyway.
nice work.
Yeah! I am happy to see this and the lists!
Post a Comment