Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sluggin it.



Earlier this week Ryan and I had some friends over for a little BBQ. We were all sitting around the back patio area and all of a sudden we see it... the GIANT slug!! I know this isn't crafty or a good ol' recipe, but it reminded me of the time I almost ate a slug with some lettuce from my mom's garden. So I made a point this time to tell Ryan to remind me to wash off all the food from our garden(hopefully we'll have some food from our garden) this year.
Anyway, the BBQ went well. I made some veggie hot dogs and corn on the cob. Ryan made some elk steak, which looked pretty gross!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Slugs are freakin disgusting! I hate them.
However, the Garden Safe Brand Slug stopper works like a charm to keep them from eating my plants.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck! That is one huge slug. Hopefully you won't miss that on your lettuce. I totally use the same slug stopper as Michelle and it works awesome. Plus it will not hurt other animals. Check it out.

Also...that was hilarious when you almost ate that slug on your tasty little turkey BLT. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Tracey pointed out that these last two comments really read as a commercial...not intentional, but really funny.

Arts Infusion said...

At least it is fashionably dressed. I just heard leopard print is very in...