little plants in one of the beds.
My friend Heather decided to start a local eating challenge. I am so excited about it. The premise is that each week you fix one meal made with entirely locally produced ingredients (other than oil and spices.) You can check it out (and join us if you like) at her blog living senses. I am totally excited to see what everyone comes up with. There are people from all over the United States taking part in the challenge and everyone is invited.Anyway. All of this has me thinking so much about my garden. I am tending to it and checking it everyday and I just can't wait for that time of year where pretty much everything we eat comes out of the garden. It just fits so well with this local eating challenge. I wanted to post a few pictures of the garden and where it is now.
onions
Each year I usually start all of my seeds inside in my little greenhouse before spring has officially sprung. I love doing that, but this year was just too crazy and I couldn't get it done. So, I admit it, my tomatoes were officially bought as starts from nurseries around the area. Most everything else I just sowed right into the ground and so far...so good. We will see if they produce in time, but for right now they are just growing and growing.
1 comment:
Absolutely beautiful!! I love it. I want onions and potatoes! I love this layout, too. I'll have to talk to you more about this as we expand our little space. I have a feeling our garden will take over more of the yard each year.
So glad you're in on the challenge (and Tracey and your Mom, too.)I can't wait to see what people come up with.
Heather
Post a Comment