We had a local eating feast this week! Our local plate this week consisted of baked sandwiches with Parma sourdough bread (baked locally...I don't think it is made with local ingredients though), grilled ball zucchini, sauteed red onion and red, white, and blue baby potatoes, fresh basil and lettuce from the garden. Our sides were grilled red, white and blue potatoes with rosemary from the garden and sea salt, fresh red raspberries, and grilled apricots.
I found our food in three different places: Edward's Greenhouse Tuesday Market, Nampa Farmer's Market, and Spyglass Gardens. I love all of these places, but if you haven't been to Spyglass Gardens you should really go check them out. It is the cutest backyard garden with the friendliest people. They happily show you around the farm and their produce prices can't be beat! I bought a pound of apricots, a zucchini, a cucumber, about two servings of green beans, and a red onion for under three dollars!
xoxo ~ stephanie
3 comments:
Oh, yum!! The potatoes look so beautiful.
Thanks for telling us about spyglass gardens!! That looks like a must see. Did you notice they have a garden festival on August 16th? I would love to take the girls...you and your Mom should join us if you are around.
Glad to have you back...
Your local meal (week 6) looks like my vision of heaven. Wow!! I'm going to do my best to recreate it. Spyglass Gardens looks wonderful too. Have fun!
The potatoes look VERY tasty! -S
Post a Comment